Closing a job
When a job has been resolved and is no longer an issue to the client, it is necessary to remove the job from the job queue that it is on and set it’s status to “Closed”. A job may be closed from the Job details screen by clicking on the red button from the action toolbar.
Once a job is closed, it can no longer be updated. If you need to update details about the job, you will need to re-open the job. If this is the case, be mindful that re-opening a job will change date and time information, thus affecting reports and SLAs, as well as potentially triggering automations and other workflow that you may have configured via the Priority Manager.
The “Closed” job status
In order to close a job, you must use the specific job status of “Closed”. Although this may be renamed, HelpMaster only recognized this one job status as the status that will actually close the job.
Where do jobs go once they have been closed?
Closed jobs will appear in the “Closed” section of the Explorer, for the staff member that was assigned the job when it was closed.
Closing “Unassigned Jobs”
In the event that a job is closed while it is still assigned to the “unassigned” queue of a skillgroup, the following behaviour will occur.
- If the staff member closing the job does belong to the skillgroup that the job is assigned to, then the job will appear in the “Closed Jobs” section of that skillgroup
- If the staff member clsoing the job does not belong to the skillgroup that the job is assigned to, then the job will appear in the “Closed Jobs” section of the staff members default skillgroup
- Open the job. Double click on the job in the Job Explorer or use the Job Finder
- Click on the Close Job button. This will open the action screen and automatically select the “Closed” job status in the status drop-down box
- Select the Closed from the job status drop down list box
- Click on OK
The job is closed and the job screen will now display a closed message.
NoteA closed job may be reopened by staff members that have sufficient security privileges.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.