An alert is a short message, or notice that can be associated with any of the main entities of HelpMaster - Clients, Sites, Assets, Knowledge Base Articles and Jobs. They will automatically display whenever that entity is viewed, or referenced. The type of display can be configured when the alert is created.
Alerts can be manually set, or automatically created by a Triggered Event. They may be used to indicate the following:
- When a client has a special status
- When an Asset warranty period has expired
- When a Knowledge Base article “Review date” has expired
- When a client’s support agreement has lapsed
- Whenever a job contains a certain link to another entity
- …. anything you like
Each entity type that support alerts can have multiple alerts created for them. The following is an example of a job that has 2 alerts associated with the entities that are linked to it.
Note: A linked job may also contain an alert.
Alerts can be manually viewed, by clicking on the alert indicator, as pictured below.
They can also be set to automatically display whenever the entity is used, linked, or viewed.
Logging new jobs
When logging a new job, if a client is linked to the job that has alerts associated with them, these alerts will be displayed in the job, depending on their notification type.
Manually Setting Alerts
On any entities that support Alerts, click the Alerts button on the right of the toolbar to view, create, delete or edit alerts.
The following properties can be set when creating an alert.
Title. A short description of the alert.
Message. A longer description and or instructions for others.
Priority. Choose from the set list of priorities - “High”, “Medium” and “Low”. This is intended as an indicator only, it does not affect the alert or other aspects of HelpMaster in any way.
Alert Type. This field is useful for grouping/classifying alerts into discrete categories that can then be targeted by reports, triggered events, and other automation. Options can be administered via the System Codes administration screen.
Notification Type. Choose from the following:
- Display Count. Displays the number of alerts for an entity in the title bar. Click this to open the alerts list.
- Show Alerts. Automatically displays the alerts list whenever an entity is viewed.
- Popup Window. Automatically displays a pop-up window with the alert whenever an entity is viewed. The alert windows must be closed to progress.
Visibility. Choose from the following:
- All Staff. All staff users of HelpMaster will see the alert.
- Just me. Only the person who creates the alert will see the alert.
- Skillgroups. All members of the selected skillgroups will see the alert.
Skillgroups. Select the skillgroups that will be able to see the new alert. All staff users belonging to the skillgroups selected will be able to see the alert.
Created by. Read-only record of who created the alert. This field is automatically set to the person logged onto HelpMaster when the alert is created.
Date Created. Read-only record of the date the alert was created.
Expiry Date. Set to a date when the alert will be automatically removed.
Automatically Setting Alerts
Use the Triggered Events Automation to automatically set and remove alerts.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.