Saved searches provide a flexible way of extending the browsing capabilities of the Explorer screen by allowing you to create “virtual” job queues. By default, the Explorer provides built-in “searches” for both open and Closed jobs that are assigned to you, or have been closed by you. A saved search allows you to choose what type of jobs you are interested in and then provide a virtual queue to view them. There is no limit to the number of saved searches that you can create.
Saved searches are a great way to organize your job queue into separate “virtual” queues that you can work from. They can also be used as the filter for job reporting.
Creating a new Saved Search
- Open the Explorer
- Right-click on the “Saved Searches” item in the “My Jobs” Explorer Panel and select “Create Saved Search”
- The job finder screen will be displayed.
- Type the name of your saved search
- Now use the rest of the tabs on the job finder to select the search criteria for the jobs that you want to create a saved search for.
- Click “Find Now” to display a list of all the jobs in the system that match your criteria. You will also be presented with a dialog box to name the search.
- The newly created saved search will now appear in your Explorer
Example Saved Searches
Popular saved searches include the following:
- Jobs logged Today
- Jobs logged Yesterday
- Jobs logged this week
- Jobs closed (Today…yesterday….this week/year etc)
- Jobs that have not been actioned for a period of time
- Jobs logged for Clients XYZ
- Jobs logged for Sites XYZ
- Jobs with a certain priority
- Jobs with a certain job type
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.