Web Client Licensing
A Client in HelpMaster is the end user (whether internal or external to your organisation) being serviced by Staff who are service agents or support personnel. In order for each client to be able to access the HelpMaster Web Portal, they need to be allocated a Web license by a staff user with the necessary permissions.
A Licensed client is a client that has been granted a license to login and use the HelpMaster Web Portal. Granting a web license is done via the Desktop version of HelpMaster. Licenses can be granted individually, or in bulk.Licenses can also be automatically assigned when new clients are created.
See Client Web Self Registration for instructions on how to self register.
Note: It is possible for a new client to register themselves via the HelpMaster Web Portal and then be able to access the application. This is only possible if the Allow self-registration option in the Web Settings on the General tab is checked. The system will automatically assign them a Client license when they register.
Granting / revoking a license for individual clients
To grant client licenses, perform the steps below:
- Log into the HelpMaster Desktop edition
- Open the Client screen of the client you wish to grant a web license
- Check the appropriate checkbox to grant a license and click apply
Bulk grant/revoke web licenses (clients only)
This method is for clients only. For staff, see Staff Web Licensing
- On the Client search screen perform a search to locate the clients you wish to grant web licenses to
- Select the clients you wish to grant/revoke web licenses to and right-click the right mouse button to invoke the context menu
- Select either Grant license or Revoke License from the context menu
The top right corner above the client search result should display the available web licenses as they are granted or revoked.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.