Database and Report tools Overview
The Database and Reports Wizard is a useful tool to administer and maintain your HelpMaster database. It contains some basic tools for database operations.
For full control of you SQL Server Database and more features, it is recommended to use Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager (SSMS) to administer your database.
The database and report tools allow you to perform the following tasks :
- Backup and restore a SQL Server database
- Attach and detach a SQL Server database
- Update the database connection string for HelpMaster Crystal Report files
- Deploy the HelpMaster report files
- Update the internal database connection string for each of the HelpMaster report files
- Register a HelpMaster database
To use the database tools, run the HelpMaster Database and Reports Wizard by clicking on Start Menu > All Programs> HelpMaster xx.xx > Database and Reports Wizard. The following screen will appear.
Click Next > to proceed
This is the main menu.
Select Database tools and click Next > to proceed
Select or enter the instance of SQL Server where your HelpMaster database is located and choose a logon method. Click the (local) button if using the local default instance. Click Next > to proceed.
This is the tools menu.
Select which operation you wish to perform. You can choose Database Tools, Reports Tools or License Registration.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.