Logon to the web portal
Logging onto the web portal can be done via one of the following methods:
- A username/password combination
- Active Directory / Single sign-on / Windows Authentication
- Third-party login provider via oAuth
Username / Password logon
Access the Web Portal by the following
- Open a web browser (e.g. Edge, Chrome, Firefox etc.)
- In the address text box, enter the URL as per the IIS bindings for your portal.
- You should see the logon page. Enter your login credentials to log in and start using the Web Portal
- Click the Forgot password link
- Enter your email address and click Email Link button
- An email will be sent to your address with a link to reset your password
Active Directory / Single sign-on / Windows Authentication
If you have configured the Web Portal to use Windows authentication (see here), you can bypass the default login page by doing the following.
- Log onto to Windows using your usual Windows network logon. (Important! This Windows account should already be associated with your corresponding HelpMaster user. See Active Directory Module Overview)
- Open a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.)
- In the address text box, enter any URL that is not the base URL of the web portal. eg. The URL must include a page that is “behind” the logon screen for your web portal and browse to it. If Active Directory / Windows Authentication has been configured correctly, you should be taken to that page and automatically logged on with the user that is currently logged onto Windows.
If your web main/logon URL is https://servicedesk.wizbangwidgets.com, then browsing to that page will always present the logon page, however browse to any other page “behind” the logon screen will attempt a Windows logon and take you to that page if successful.
|https://servicedesk.wizbangwidgets.com||Main Login page||No|
|https://servicedesk.wizbangwidgets.com/Explorer||Job Explorer page||Yes|
|https://servicedesk.wizbangwidgets.com/Catalogs||Request catalog page||Yes|
To log off, simply locate the log off button located at the top-right of the browser window.
Closing the window should also terminate the user session, but it is strongly recommended to end the session properly by using the ‘Log Off’ button on the toolbar.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.