Configuring the Email Manager Overview
Configuring the Email Manager for use involves the following :
- Creating a number of HelpMaster Job Templates, Action Templates and Email Templates that the Email Manager will use to log jobs, action jobs and send email.
- Configuring your email environment so that all of your email inboxes can be scanned
- Configuring the Email Manager Mailbox Folders
- Configuring the Email Manager service
- Creating Email Manager Profiles. These are the rules that the Email Manager will execute on your incoming email.
It is recommended that you perform each of these steps in the order listed above.
When configuring the Email Manager for steps 2 and 4 above, it is vital to observe the following at all times.
- You are working on the same machine that the Email Manager service is running on (HelpMaster Server)
- You are logged into that machine with the HelpMaster Service Account, the same Windows account that the Email Manager service is running as
- The HelpMaster Service Account has Full AND Send As (or Send on Behalf Of) permissions to any mailboxes being scanned. Check your Exchange / Microsoft 365 permissions
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.