Web Portal Installation Overview
HelpMaster has 2 web products - The Web Portal and the Web API. Both are installed via the Web Install Wizard.
The Web Portal is the web-based version of HelpMaster that is designed for staff and clients to use.
The Web API is a web-based API that developers and system integrators can use to programmatically access HelpMaster functionality.
Microsoft IIS (Internet Information Server) is the software that hosts the HelpMaster Web Portal and WebAPI and allows remote clients to use these applications via a web browser. IIS is a built-in component of Microsoft Windows, however it is not installed by default and you will need to turn on some features in order to host the web portal.
The HelpMaster web portal is hosted by Microsoft IIS.
It is highly recommended that all IIS configuration should only be performed by personnel who have appropriate experience with IIS, network security, SQL Server, and Microsoft Windows Administration. IIS is a complex enterprise system that has many settings that may indirectly affect the operation and security of the HelpMaster Web Portal and other network resources.
An incorrect configuration of a web server may expose your network and data to hackers or other malicious activity.
Check for updates regularlyAs with any server/web software, it is important to regularly check for updates, bug reports, security reports and release notes from both Microsoft and PRD Software. As issues are detected and corrected, you should apply any fixes as soon as possible.
Below is a list of steps that will guide you through the installation process.
Please follow these steps sequentially and completely It may be helpful to print this page out and check off each step as it is completed.
Please note that some of these installation steps may require a full system reboot. Please be aware of this so that you can schedule your installation at a time when it will cause minimal inconvenience to your network users.
Step 1 : Install IIS and other web components on your Web Server
- Install the .NET Framework components
- Install Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Install the ASP.NET Core 5.0 Hosting Bundle
Step 2 : Install and then Deploy the HelpMaster Web Portal to IIS
- Install the HelpMaster Web Portal application and setup wizard onto your webserver
- Creating a new HelpMaster Web Portal application (in IIS) using the Web Setup wizard
Step 3 : Configure the HelpMaster Web Portal for business use
- The HelpMaster Web Settings screen allows you to customize the web portal to your specific requirements and can be accessed from the HelpMaster Desktop application.
- Build a Request Catalog to give clients and staff a quick and easy way to log jobs and tickets, and service requests.
- Create Knowledge Base articles for the web
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.