An asset in HelpMaster is a piece of equipment such as a computer, a printer, a car, a piece of furniture etc. In ITIL terminology, an asset is also called a configuration item, or CI.
Icons used throughout HelpMaster
Asset service request
Relationship with other HelpMaster entities
Assets can be linked to:
- a Job when it is logged
- an individual Client
- a Site
An asset can have the following data recorded against it:
- General - ID, serial number, service tag, manufacturer, product key, status etc.
- Purchase and warranty details.
- Links - What other entities are associated to the asset, eg. it’s site (location).
- Service history details.
- Properties - Notes section for any extra information wanted.
- Custom - Include any of your user defined fields.
NoteBefore an Asset can be created, make sure there is a corresponding Asset Status and Asset Type already set up. This is done in System Codes
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.