An asset in HelpMaster is a piece of equipment such as a computer, a printer, a car, a piece of furniture etc. In ITIL/CMDB terminology, an asset is also called a configuration item, or CI.
Icons used throughout HelpMaster
Asset service request
Relationship with other HelpMaster entities
Assets can be linked to:
- a Job when it is logged
- an individual Client
- a Site
- a Change Management Request for change
- other assets
An asset can have the following data recorded against it:
- General - ID, serial number, service tag, manufacturer, product key, status etc.
- Purchase and warranty details.
- Links - What other entities are associated to the asset, eg. it’s site (location).
- Service history details.
- Properties - Notes section for any extra information wanted.
- Custom - Include any of your user defined fields.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.