Viewing helpdesk history for a client
Each time a job is logged, HelpMaster records both the job details, as well as any entities that are linked to the job, including clients. This builds up a ‘Job History’ for all of the clients (and other entities) linked to the job. Viewing the job history for a client is an important part of providing good customer service. This feature is especially useful to determine whether a client has any outstanding, or recent issues before logging a new job for them.
HelpMaster makes this task simple.
View client history via the main toolbar search
- To view the job history for a client, press F3 to set focus to the Client Search text box on the main toolbar, or simply click in the text box next to the client drop-down box.
- Type the details of either the Client ID, the Last Name, or the First name (depending on what is selected from the drop-down box to the left of the text box) and press Enter
- The Client list screen will display any clients that match your search criteria. Select the client you wish to query, and click Job History.
From this screen, you can:
- View the selected job by selecting it and pressing Enter, or by double-clicking it
- Add an action to the selected helpdesk job by right-clicking a selected job
- Log a new job by clicking Log New Job
View client history via the client links tab
The “Links” tab of a client also contains both the present and past job history for a client.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.