Do you document the operations at your servcie desk? Is there a “standard operating procedures” manual that new and existing employees can refer to?
Here’s some idea of things to document:
Service Desk Basics
- Telephone manner
- Email ettiquete
- Service Level Agreement documents
- How to classify the priority of a job
- What different job status codes mean
- How to resolve a job
- Using Templates
- HelpMaster server name
- HelpMaster SQL Server instance name
- HelpMaster web portal address
- HelpMaster web API address
- Working folder location
- HelpMaster downloads and install files
- Working folder locations
- Scripts and other snippets of configuration (workflow XML etc.)
- Importing XML / documentation
- Upgrade information
- Password and security information
- Reports and custom reports folders, development ideas etc.
- Add-in configuration documentation and files
- Custom dictionaries for HelpMaster
- Templates for Knowledge base, Email Templates, etc.
- Themes and custom themes
- Running scripts
- Password management
- Remote desktop sessions
- Identity management
It’s important to keep this documentation up-to-date and regularly reviewed. Use it as part of the new employee on-boarding experience. Have them comment on how useful it is, and use this feedback to improve it.
Make this documentation accessible to the intended audience.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.