In order for each client to be able to access the HelpMaster Web Portal, they need to be allocated a Web Licence.
A “Licensed” client is a client that has been granted a licence to login and use the HelpMaster Web Portal. Granting a web license is done via the Desktop version of HelpMaster. Licenses can be granted individually, or in bulk. Licenses can also be automatically assigned when new clients are created.
Note: It is possible for a new client to register themselves via the HelpMaster Web Portal and then be able to access the application. This is only possible if the “Allow self-registration” option in the “Web Settings” on the “General” tab is checked, and there are sufficient Client licences available for use. The system will automatically assign them a Client licence when they register.
Granting / revoking a license for individual clients
To grant client licenses, perform the steps below:
- Log into the HelpMaster Desktop edition,
- Open the Client screen of the client you wish to grant a web license.
- Check the appropriate checkbox to grant a license and click apply.
Bulk grant/revoke web licenses (clients only)
This method is for clients only. For staff, see Staff Web Licensing
- On the Client search screen perform a search to locate the clients you wish to grant web licenses to
- Select the clients you wish to grant/revoke web licenses to and right-click the right mouse button to invoke the context menu
- Select either Grant license or Revoke License from the context menu
The top right corner above the client search result should display the available web licenses as they are granted or revoked.
Licensing for staff via the Administration screen
Restricting Request Catalog visibility for clients and sites
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.